Registration opens for Oncology Professional Care 2024
Registration is now live for Oncology Professional Care, the leading UK conference and exhibition for the multi-disciplinary oncology team focusing on the whole patient pathway, taking place on 21-22 May at ExCeL London.
Following a record-breaking attendance in 2023, Oncology Professional Care will provide world-class, CPD-accredited learning to the entire team including oncologists, surgeons, pharmacists, therapeutic radiographers, clinical nurse specialists, allied healthcare professionals, clinical directors, and more. Over 1,500+ professionals will gain key clinical updates and discover cutting-edge developments in a two-day programme, highly centred around shaping the future of patient experience.
Oncology Professional Care is proud to be supported by an expert advisory board, representative of all members of the multi-disciplinary team, who support the development of the programme and speaker faculty, including:
- Anthony Cunliffe, National Lead GP Adviser, Macmillan Cancer Support
- Chris Curtis, CEO, The Swallows Head and Neck Cancer Charity
- Emma Hallam, Consultant Therapeutic Radiographer, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Geoff Bellingan, Medical Director, University College London Hospitals
- Joanna McNamara, Senior Lecturer Radiotherapy & Oncology, Sheffield Hallam University | Co-Founder and Co-Host, Rad Chat
- Majid Kazmi, Director of Innovation for Cancer and Surgery and Deputy Medical Director, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Matt Lechner, Associate Professor of Surgery, UCL
- Naman Julka-Anderson, Research Radiographer, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust Co-| Allied Health Professional Clinical Advisor, Macmillan Cancer Support | Founder and Co-Host, Rad Chat
- Samantha Tordesillas, Programme Manager for Personalised Cancer Care, South East London Cancer Alliance, Personalised Care Clinical Lead, SE London ICB
- Sandra Dyer, Primary Care Lead Nurse, Transforming Cancer Services Team for London
- Sian Lambert, Cancer Care Coordinator Project Manager, Kent and Medway Cancer Alliance, NHS Kent and Medway Integrated Care Board (ICB)
- Steve Allen, Patient representative, Tackle Prostate
- Vikash Dodhia, Head of Pharmacy, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- Wendy Ng, MBA, Deputy Head of Pharmacy & Cancer Lead Pharmacist, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre
- More to be announced including representatives from BOPA and UKONS
Leading product and service providers will also be on hand on the exhibition floor to showcase the latest innovations and offer tailored advice. Confirmed exhibitors include: B. Braun, GlaxoSmithKline, Illumina, Paxman Scalp Cooling, and many more
Lucy Clarke, Event Manager of Oncology Professional Care, said: “We are delighted to return to ExCeL London on 21-22 May with an incredible line-up of speakers and exhibitors. This year’s event is not to be missed – we are building a comprehensive programme that will support delegates, develop their knowledge, and ultimately improve the care they give to patients."
Call for papers
Delegates can share results of their clinical or technical work in the Poster Zone, a dedicated area on the exhibition floor where posters will be displayed and viewed by hundreds of healthcare professionals. Abstracts relating to the overall themes of the theatres are welcomed and should demonstrate an appropriate and/or innovative piece of work relating to patient care and/or practice. The deadline for abstracts is 17:00 on Thursday 28 March 2024. More information is available on the website: oncologyprofessionalcare.co.uk/poster-zone
Head and Neck Cancer Village
Returning for 2024, the Head and Neck Cancer Village is a dedicated area on the exhibition floor showcasing the latest products, services and innovations relevant to the diagnosis, treatment and aftercare of patients with head and neck cancer, in partnership with The Swallows Head and Neck Cancer Group. Confirmed exhibitors include: Flen Health, L’Oreal, Oraldent, Oralieve, Radiaderm, and THOR.
Rad Chat Radiotherapy Theatre
Oncology Professional Care is delighted to be partnering with Rad Chat – the hugely successful radiotherapy podcast, hosted by the multi-award-winning therapeutic radiographers Jo McNamara and Naman Julka-Anderson. This brand-new theatre will ensure the spotlight is firmly on the treatment innovations and cutting-edge technologies which are transforming radiotherapy today. As well as practical case studies and in-depth demonstrations, the patient voice will be at the centre of all the sessions. Jo, Naman and their speakers will ensure as well as expertise, compassion is at the heart of the conversations on stage. This is an opportunity for the wider oncology community to increase their understanding of radiotherapy, and the highly qualified practitioners who deliver treatments.
Jo McNamara, Registered Therapeutic Radiographer and Senior Lecturer, Sheffield Hallam University, said: “I am so very excited to be collaborating on Oncology Professional Care. It’s an event that empowers a wide multi-professional oncology community with expertise and compassion. We hope to bridge the gap between cutting-edge technology, care, and heartfelt conversations. We aim to elevate your knowledge, skills and practice, with insights that really matter.’’
EUSICA/INSICA-Brain 2024 Annual Meeting
The Annual Meeting of the European and International Network of Sinonasal Cancer Research and Brain Tumour Research will take place at this year’s Oncology Professional Care. Confirmed speakers include: Garret Choby (University of Pittsburgh), Matt Lechner (University College London), Jayakar Nayak (Stanford University), Jens Peter Klussmann (University of Cologne), and more Christian von Buchwald (University of Copenhagen). Find out more information at: eusica.org
Oncology Professional Care is free to attend for registered healthcare professionals, those who work in the field of oncology in a healthcare capacity, and other relevant decision-makers only. You can register online: https://bit.ly/3vBOzXD
For delegate enquiries, please contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For sponsorship, exhibition or speaking enquiries, please contact Lucy, Event Manager, on email@example.com.